NeilPryde V8 Windsurf Sail 2019
The V8 is a freerace sail that offers incredible acceleration with each gust as well as from non planing conditions. True race sail performance combined with a narrower sleeve adding better water drainage. 7 battens and twin Integracams to achieve great handling and light feel.
V8 TWIN-CAM FREERACE
SIZES: 4.8 | 5.2 | 5.7 | 6.2 | 6.7 | 7.2 | 7.7 | 8.2 | 8.7 | 9.4
- Fits to everybody
- Previous step to Racing sails
- Direct power
The V8 is a freerace sail that offers incredible acceleration with each gust as well as from non-planing conditions. True race sail performance combined with a narrower sleeve adding better water drainage. 7 battens and twin Integracams to achieve great handling and light feel.
Extreme early planning, soft rotation, easier jibing, wide wind range, great upwind and top end control, the V8 has the extra power and drive needed to accelerate and go fast on high performance boards. The sail configuration makes it considerably lighter in maneuvers, less physical and easier to downhaul than pure race sails.
- Moderate Sleeve Width Combining Stability and aerodynamic benefits of wide sleeve racing rails with improved handling and reduced weight.
- Deep profile in lower body section for controllable power combined with very smooth leech release and open head twist acceleration and control in the gusts.
- Twin Cam Design uses cams in critical area to support deepest profile in the boom area without sacrificing rotation. The profile, supported by these 2 small cams rotates much easier than full size race cams, allows the sail to respond directly to the back hand.
- Custom laminated clew: for optimised strength and load distribution. It features internally laminated kevlar stripes that distribute the loads in the Clew area.
- Integrated Batten Pocket: construction for a fully symmetrical batten cavity.
- RDM and SDM compatible masts on these sails: 4.8 / 5.2 / 5.7 / 6.2 / 6.7
The V8 gives race like feel and performance thanks to a race inspired luff sleeve and deep, powerful profile, alongside the easy handling of a freeride sail. Easier rigging - requires less downhaul tension than a pure race sail and only 2 integracams which also make jibing rotation extremely soft and effortless. V8 is our best option to transition into Slalom and a great Slalom sail option for girls. But that's not all. It actually became our sail of choice when learning, testing and developing our Windfoil program. Suitable for freeride, freerace, slalom and pure foil boards.
ArmourWeb is constructed from full polyester lines at +/-40 degrees, creating an interlaced, woven web for high tear resistance. Available on Fusion/Ryde/Speedster/v8/Dragonfly.
DUAL BOOM LENGTH C/CLEW
Outer and inner clew position straight alignment. Retains same clew height and boom to mast rake on both clew positions, reduces weight and prevents rear part of the foot touching the water when jibing.
Fully integrated compact camber providing regular cam enducer profile support while keeping the soft rotation of a no-cam sail.
Double stitching is used on all critical seams on all sails allowing them to endure prolonged exposure to high loads and impacts.