Cabrinha FX 2020 Kite
The 2020 Cabrinha FX delivers! The world of Freestyle / Crossover kiting has evolved into an exciting genre in our sport. Once a very narrow and technical discipline is now a mix of technical tricks and massive aerial maneuvers, both hooked-in and unhooked. For this you need a kite with the sensitivity and slack when unhooked and the ability to boost a massive hooked-in kite loop.
Colours are limited in certain sizes. If you have a colour preference please contact us
FREESTYLE / CROSSOVER
SIZES: 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 12 / 14
3 Strut, Modified C shape arc, Wide wing tip, Moderate aspect ratio design, Freestyle profile, 2 bridle setting options
For riders that mix hooked and unhooked freestyle tricks, love jumping big and kiteloops
- NEW Nano Ripstop canopy, the new bench mark in durability, stability & responsiveness
- NEW Optimized Dacron layout for reduced weight & improved handling characteristics
- High Tenacity Dacron for enhanced arc stability
- Strategic canopy reinforcements in the high stress areas
- Pure Profile Panels for efficient aerodynamics
- No pulley bridle for a more direct steering input and feedback
- Three Leading Edge bridle options to customize arc shape and performance
- Explosive pop and slack for freestyle maneuvers
- Forward pull and quick recovery for kiteloops
- Smooth power delivery with excellent depower
- More drive than a traditional C-shaped kite
NANO RIPSTOP CANOPY
2020 catapults Cabrinha into the next generation of kite technology with our all new Nano Ripstop kite canopy material. A higher level of performance can only be achieved when the kite’s design properties are supported by a stable and reactive kite material. Nano Ripstop does just that.
COATING: Reduced Elongation - Better performance - Quicker material recovery
PLASMA TREATMENT: Better Stability - Longer lasting
NANO RIPSTOP WEAVE: Doubled tear strength - Increased durability
Nano Ripstop is a 55 g/m2 material with a 3mm double rip stop pattern. This micro rip stop material in unison with the newly developed coating, has given us a 2X increase in the canopy’s tear strength. A smaller rip stop pattern increases the amount of “cells” in any given panel.
The exclusive new coating has been engineered to deliver unprecedented durability and stability, giving you a crispier feel and increased canopy rigidity creating a higher performing kite.
The material’s stability is further locked into place by a process called Plasma treatment, unique to Cabrinha’s exclusive Nano Ripstop. Plasma treatment creates a hydrophilic surface for superior adhesion of the coating onto the unfinished greige material.
The result is a well balanced, stable cloth with greater longevity. Simply put, the coating will take longer to break down which keeps your kite feeling crisp and lively throughout the life of the kite.
WIND RANGE & BAR SIZE