Ozone Edge V8 Kite LTD Stealth Edition
The Ozone Edge has a pedigree unsurpassed by any other performance kite to date, now in its 8th version since first introducing this model. The Edge has consistently proven its free ride performance, big air capabilities and taken riders to the top of race podiums around the world.
Sizes: 5m, 6m, 7m, 8m, 9m, 10m, 11m, 13m, 15m, 17m, 19m
THE EDGE LEGACY CONTINUES
Whether your passion is action packed freeride, big air, foil boarding or racing the Edge delivers high performance in all conditions. A stable yet highly efficient profile yields progressive power delivery and generous boost when you send it. This directly translates to all-round performance on a racecourse allowing you to point higher upwind and lower downwind, all while going faster!
Over the season we have fine-tuned the Edge working on new bridle configurations enhancing the new Edge V8 with a smoother feel on the bar and improved handling characteristics. The Edge V8 is incredibly predictable; learning new big air moves or nailing those foil board and race board tacks has never been easier.
The Edge V8 has been designed using our new highly advanced custom built CAD software. Our designers are able to work with parameters specifically formulated to calculate flexible wings. The Edge V8 incorporates optimised layout of segments and balanced strut positioning resulting in a clean profile and canopy throughout angle of attack changes.
The Edge V8 is constructed with quality Teijin D2 and Teijin Dacron providing a crisper feel and a stronger kite. A low-drag pulley-less bridle system is achieved through optimised load distribution into the attachment points. The bridles are spliced using high quality Aramid line, which is 50% thinner than our standard bridle line giving the Edge a turbo charged feel. Combined with our Race Control System and Race Flying Lines the Edge truly is a winning package.
The Edge V8 size range is expansive, with 5m through to 19m this allows riders to choose exactly what they need in a race regatta or for freeride mega boosting on high wind days.
In gusty or turbulent wind the Edge will be easier to use and handle in both free ride and race situations when compared to the Chrono and R1. We recommend that all intermediate riders use the Edge before considering moving to a foil for free riding or racing.
RANGE OF USE
DESIGN & PERFORMANCE FEATURES
- High performance freeride
- Massive boost and hang time
- Warp speed riding
- Insane upwind ability
- Huge de-power range
- Low drag Aramid bridles
- 4-line pulley-less system (no pulleys, no problems)
- Comparable feeling throughout the size range
- One-Pump system for quick and easy setup
- High volume inflate/deflate valve
- Multiple trimming options for customized handling and bar pressure
- Color coded and numbered fool proof line connectors
- Exceptional hand checked Ozone factory construction using the highest quality materials
- Teijin TechnoForce D2 canopy material
- Teijin Dacron for the L.E. & Struts
- Internal reinforcements for improved durability with double layer Dacron inside the LE closing seam
- Double stitched bonded seams
- Dacron reinforced tip area for load distribution
- Reinforced leading edge and struts in high stress areas
- Reinforced trailing edge
- Light weight & low profile aerodynamic leading edge scuff pads
- Unique bladder construction with double layer section in wear areas
- Anti line snag tip deflectors
- Ozone warranty and back-up service guaranteed
WIND RANGE & BAR SIZE