NeilPryde Wizard Windsurf Sail 2019
The Neil Pryde Wizard is the most accomplished freestyle sail there is, working perfectly for every level, whether you are going for your first spocks or double power moves. Delivering explosive acceleration, direct drive and insane lift, the Wizard planes instantly while depowers on demand providing silky smooth handling. Early planing, stability and balanced feel during tricks are the key requirements for a freestyle sail and the Wizard has it all. Plenty of air and more pop than ever.
SIZES: 3.8 | 4.2 | 4.5 | 4.8 | 5.1 | 5.4 | 5.7
- More POP than ever
- Fast rotation
- Four battens in all sizes Keeps the sail weight to a minimum for optimum performance.
- Fuse Pocket Construction for a fully symmetrical batten cavity.
- Wide Tetoron luff-panel combined with a narrow sleeve allows the sail to transition from neutral to maximum lift in the shortest time.
- Rider focussed shaping and high leech tension:makes Wizard extremely early planing yet easy to control in maneuvers.
- Center-oriented profile: makes for the best combination of low-end power and control.
- High Aspect Ratio reduces boom lengths allowing fast pivoting rotation.
The new Fuse Pocket construction introduced this season in the wave and freestyle program, allows us to reduce the seam shaping and retain the power-depower properties of the sail which feels even lighter in the hands with extra softness. The outline with short boom makes it easier to duck the sail and offers fast rotation for powermoves.
In parallel, the new Powerfuse allows us to reduce the weight while increasing the strength in critical sections.
Powerfuse is a whole new way to reinforce and lighten the sail body by using an innovative material fusion method. Doing away with unnecessary patch reinforcements, seams and stitches, we created fully integrated, laminated panels of variable thickness that support localised loads and strengthen the sail where it needs it most.
MODERATE COMPACT CLEW
Moderate Compact Clew for a compact outline with rider focused surface area and improved sail twist.
Overlapping body panels create a sleeve for battens, eliminating the need for traditional, separate batten pockets. This saves on unnecessary weight, simplifies construction and creates a fully symmetrical batten cavity, eliminating the tendency of traditional batten pockets to load differently from one tack to another.
High-strength rip-stop grid made of high-tenacity ULTRA yarns at +/-40 degrees. This yarn has a similar breaking strength to KevlarTM, but much better UV resistance. Available on The Fly / Combat / Wizard.
Double stitching is used on all critical seams on all sails allowing them to endure prolonged exposure to high loads and impacts.