NeilPryde V8 Windsurf Sail 2017
The new 2017 V8 is a high performance sail that offers incredible acceleration with each gust even in non-planing conditions. True race sail performance combined with a narrower sleeve and IntegraCams achieve great handling and a light feel.
Twin-Cam Performance Freeride
Unlike pure race sails, which are more upper hand oriented and designed to be used with slalom boards, the V8 has extra power and drive needed to accelerate super early and go fast on freerace and performance freeride boards. The sail configuration makes it considerably lighter in maneuvers, water starting or up handling.
- Custom laminated clew for optimized strength and load distribution. It features internally laminated Kevlar stripes that distribute the loads in the Clew area.
- Deep profile in lower body section for controllable power combined with very smooth leech release and open head twist for acceleration and control in the gusts.
- Medium sleeve width combining stability and aerodynamic benefits of wide sleeve racing sails with improved handling and reduced weight.
- Fully tubular middle and upper sail section reduces the weight and provides optimum profile stability; only foot batten does not use tube in or der not to compromise durability in this vulnerable area.
- Twin Cam design uses cams in a critical place to support the deepest profile in the boom area without sacrificing rotation.
On the new V8, I merged the advantages of wide, race inspired luff sleeve design and a deep powerful profile with soft rotation, easy rigging and light weight made possible by the Integra-Cam. The result is an incredible acceleration from get-go, excellent middle wind range top speed and upper-end camber-supported profile stability.
|Size||Luff||Boom||Base||Battens||Cams||Ideal Mast||Top Finishing||Weight(C2)||Weight(C4)||Code(C2)||Code(C4)|