NeilPryde The Fly Windsurf Sail 2019
The Neil Pryde Fly is a truly specialized wave riding sail. The three batten compact design combined with the Powerfuse construction and PVC Dacron lower luff area makes for the lightest, most neutral sail in our range. It totally depowers on the wave and offers great sail control in gusty conditions, allowing you to fully focus on your surfing.
THE FLY DOWN THE LINE WAVE
SIZES: 3.9 | 4.2 | 4.5 | 4.8 | 5.1 | 5.4
- Super light
The Fly is a truly specialized wave-riding sail. The three-batten compact design combined with the Powerfuse construction and PVC / Dacron lower luff area makes for the lightest, most neutral sail in our range. It totally depowers on the wave and offers great sail control in gusty conditions, allowing you to fully focus on your surfing.
Fast, light, soft feeling, compact, heavy duty construction and manoeuvrable, the Fly provides aggressive rail-riding turns and velocity down the line. Pure surf.
- Tetoron Panel Construction extended lower down below the foot batten section. When depowering the sail, the profile gets really flat. Then, by powering up the sail again you get back a nice forward oriented profile.
- Reduced PVC Panel Layout makes the sail more responsive and results in more direct reaction to rider input.
- Cross Batten Construction allows all three battens to provide the critical leech support while the bottom batten shaping is kept low and forward below the boom area.
- Fuse Pocket Construction: A large tuning range, thanks to a stable profile, allows the rider to trim the sail for all conditions.
- Versatile: Moderate and progressive luff curve for optimum manoeuvrability, speed and power in both onshore and side-shore conditions.
- Fuse pocket construction for a fully symmetrical batten cavity.
- Minimum Distance Between the Clew and Cross Batten distributes the load very evenly and prevents the draft to move back as well as keeping the sail stable.
- Mini flat leech rod battens for optimism support and smooth finish.
Powerfuse allows us to reduce weight while increasing strength in critical sections making The Fly the lightest and, next to Combat HD, the strongest sail in the NeilPryde range. The narrower PVC/Dacron extended lower luff area of the sail gives a livelier feeling and works as a suspension to absorb shock loads present when the sail twists-off in gusts, on chop or when landing jumps. This elastic front section absorbs the shock while at the same time locking the profile distribution to the front. The result is a soft, forgiving sail that is incredibly stable (even when compared to 4 batten sails) and which depowers completely on the wave.
Powerfuse is a whole new way to reinforce and lighten the sail body by using an innovative material fusion method. Doing away with unnecessary patch reinforcements, seams and stitches, we created fully integrated, laminated panels of variable thickness that support localised loads and strengthen the sail where it needs it most.
MODERATE COMPACT CLEW
Moderate Compact Clew for a compact outline with rider focused surface area and improved sail twist.
Overlapping body panels create a sleeve for battens, eliminating the need for traditional, separate batten pockets. This saves on unnecessary weight, simplifies construction and creates a fully symmetrical batten cavity, eliminating the tendency of traditional batten pockets to load differently from one tack to another.
High-strength rip-stop grid made of high-tenacity ULTRA yarns at +/-40 degrees. This yarn has a similar breaking strength to KevlarTM, but much better UV resistance. Available on The Fly / Combat / Wizard.
Double stitching is used on all critical seams on all sails allowing them to endure prolonged exposure to high loads and impacts.