Fanatic Stubby LTD 2016 8'2 Solid SUP
The 2016 Fanatic Stubby LTD represents a new approach to wave board design. Inspired by modern surfing concepts with a compact outline and more parallel rails, the Stubby combines stability and ease of use with speed and radical responsiveness. A new sensation that will give you a blast!
Since the beginning of the year 2014 Fanatic started experimenting with the concept of shorter, more parallel outlines with super wide nose and tail sections. What started as a fun project quickly became an exciting reality. The wide nose enables a longer and cleaner rail line, which gives loads of hold on the wave face and through the turns even though the board is quite short. The extra stability allows for less volume and a slightly narroFanaticr centre. The double diamond tail – which Fanatic reduced over time to a functional width – provides the grip to dig deep in tight carves and hacks into the pocket. A surfy rocker line offers all the fast reactions and flow you’d expect from a high performance wave toy. The wide nose and tail enables the rider to select a slightly smaller board in terms of length and volume (as an example, the Stubby 8’2″ is comparable to an 8’9″ ProWave). Both sizes are available in their incredible Carbon/Innegra LTD construction to round off this poFanaticrful package.
- Straighter, more parallel outline for a cleaner waterline and reduced drag
- Short and wide “Stubby-Nose” – reduced to the boards effective lengths – for maximum stability, reduced swing weight, fast change of direction, as well as easy recovery
- Pulled down thin rails for maximum carving
- Hard release edges in the tail for direct acceleration and light feel, with softer rails in the nose for smooth surfing
- Lightly domed deck for maximum stability blending seamlessly into the thin rails
- Single concave entry, transitioning into a single/double concave mid section through to the tail enhancing speed and drive
- Bottom, rail shape and the double diamond tail provide ultimate grip allowing for smaller fins
- Quad/Thruster Fin setup option with 5 Futures boxes
- Precision through CAD design
- Mastfoot insert for windsurfing option
- Volume: 105 l
- Width: 29”/ 73.7 cm
- Length: 8’2”/ 248.9 cm
- Recommended User Weight: 50-70 kg
- Fittings: 3 x Stubby 5" (Futures Box) Thruster Set, RTM; 5x Futures Boxes
- Mastfoot Insert: x
- Article Number: 13600-1100
- Colour Codes: Bright Orange C 804 C
INNEGRA CARBON LIGHT FINISH (IC / LF)
Innegra Carbon Sandwich is a new, strong and super light layup perfectly suited to all our ProWave LTD, Stubby LTD and AllWave LTD models. Innegra Carbon is a lighter and more impact resistant material than Carbon Kevlar which, when combined with a single PVC/Wood Sandwich and Wood/Carbon heel reinforcements, guarantees the most efficient construction in terms of lightweight and maximum resistance against impact.
3 × Stubby 5” Honeycomb RTM