Cabrinha Contra 2021 1 Strut Kite
The new one strut Cabrinha Contra takes the light wind performance of the original Contra and makes it even easier to fly in lighter winds by reducing the weight. These one strut freeride light wind kites will help get you out on a smaller kite in lighter winds and are the ideal choice for hydrofoiling.
PERFORMANCE LIGHTWIND / FREERIDE
SIZES: 3 / 4 / 5 / 7 / 9 / 11
1 strut, Hybrid design, Low drag wing tips, Draft forward profiles.
This season we’ve expanded the Contra’s range to bring its legendary efficiency deep into the foil boarding realm. The single strut version of the Contra is built on its platform of efficiency and range, while adding featherweight control. With its single strut, this kite is lighter and more nimble, allowing the use of much smaller sizes to maximize foilboarding’s true potential.
The Contra 1 strut’s superior drift characteristics allow for low angles of attack while on foil, and the rear line tension increases steering impulse even when depowered.
This dynamic kite design shift will put an optimized Contra light wind kite in your hands whether you ride a twin tip, surfboard, or a foil board.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- NEW Lightweight 1 strut design
- Heavy duty closing seam construction
- Nano Ripstop Canopy, the benchmark in durability, stability and responsiveness
- High Tenacity Dacron for enhanced arc stability and improved handling characteristics
- Strategic canopy reinforcements in the high stress areas
- Pure Profile Panels for efficient aerodynamics
- Agile and nimble steering for increased power delivery
- Superior drift characteristics and underpowered steering response
- Effortless relaunch in the lightest of wind conditions